There are more than 180 Beefsteak and Burgundy Clubs covering every Australian State and Territory and twelve countries overseas.
The Burnside Beefsteak and Burgundy Club is open to anyone, male or female, of good repute. It provides the opportunity for members, their partners and guests to:
We meet for dinner on the second Wednesday evening of most months, at a variety of venues, and including two formal affairs:
- enjoy good fellowship
- appreciate and understand good food and wine
At each dinner the Hosts present food and wines which complement each other, together with a self-assessed wine quiz to provoke comment and discussion, towards expanding the members' knowledge of these important pleasures of life.
- June: the Gourmet Dinner
- December: the Christmas Dinner
There are normally five months where other functions are held:
Additionally, for members only, there is a special wine tasting competition for the Nichol Trophy in August, held in conjunction with our Annual General Meeting.
- January: an informal luncheon
- March: the President's Luncheon and Wine Taster of the Year competition
- April: a tour, usually over two days, of a selected wine area providing:
- the opportunity to enjoy great fellowship and get to know each other better
- organised visits to a number of wineries for both tasting (see the happy tasters opposite!) and, normally, buying at special prices
- luncheons and dinners, including a special bring your best bottle dinner where we get to taste a wide variety of members', and some guests', wines from many areas, young and old, known and unknown
- excellent tourism and sight-seeing opportunities
- October: an informal luncheon
- November: an informal luncheon
The Club maintains a large and diverse cellar to ensure members have access to differing wine styles, areas and ages. From time to time we also negotiate special buying rates for our members from various wine providors, both wineries and bottle shops.
|Wednesday February 12, 2020
46 membrs and 1 guest attended. Wines enjoyed (all from the club cellar):
|Deutz||2017||Marlborough, NZ||Pinot Noir Chardonnay|
|Noon||2017||McLaren Vale||Grenache||High Noon|
|Mt Difficulty||2015||Central Otago||Pinot Noir||Roaring Meg|
|Longview||2016||Adelaide Hills||Riesling||Epitome (Late Harvest)|
To find out more about our Club
please contact our Secretary at telephone +61 437 500 010, or email Secretary.
WWW page design and content © 2015 Burnside Beefsteak and Burgundy Club Inc. - all rights reserved
Latest update: 17/02/2020 10:43:55 PM - firstname.lastname@example.org