We strongly promote the safe and responsible consumption of wine and, indeed, all and any alcohol!
Drinking alcohol involves balancing the pleasure of socialising, the taste and enjoyment of food,with health and social risks. Most of us who enjoy alcohol want to keep on enjoying the benefits without harming ourselves or others.
Alcohol effects each of us differently depending on many factors including health, medicines, weight, food, etc.
General points of concern include:
For more information go to www.drinkwise.org.au.
- Drinking and driving:
Alcohol takes a considerable time to disapate from the body.
If in doubt, don't drink and drive!
- Certain categories of drivers must have 0% Blood Alcohol Content (in some cases a 0.02% Blood Alcohol Content limit applies) - this includes learner and probationary drivers, taxi, bus and heavy vehicle drivers. These people should NOT drink and drive.
- for others, the legal limit is 0.05% Blood Alcohol Content
There is no defined number of standard drinks to achieve this but a generally accepted understanding for normal, healthy people is:
- Men: no more than 2 standard alcoholic drinks in the first hour followed by 1 standard alcoholic drink per hour after that
- Women: no more than 1 standard alcoholic drink in the first hour followed by 1 standard alcoholic drink per hour after that
- Women who are pregnant or who are attempting to become pregnant should not drink alcohol
- Women who are breast-feeding should not drink alcohol
- Regardless of any legal provisions, drinking alcohol by children and young people under the age of 18 is not recommended. Children under the age of 15 are under the greatest risk and should not drink alcohol.
- Persons who are taking medicines or other drugs should get medical advice on if and/or what they can safely drink
- People who are tired may have a reduced capacity to drink alcohol safely
- Binge drinking is not smart - don't do it!
|Need more information or help, or do you have some comments
Complete this form to register your interest.
WWW page design and content © 2015 Burnside Beefsteak and Burgundy Club Inc. - all rights reserved
Latest update: 5/03/2013 11:27:45 AM - email@example.com